Friday, August 15, 2008

Our First Visitors!

My Mom and Dad came up to visit us this past week and luckily, Evan was able to get the time off- so we went on a 5 day vacation with them around Washington and Oregon. What nice parents... really it was a win-win deal. We felt loved because we had visitors, and besides visiting us-they got an awesome vacation with free lodging and expertise of the area. We would love to have more visitors/host more travelers! Just let us know when you'd like to come!

Besides a fun day in Seattle (which I don't have pictures of), here are some pics of the rest of the week:



Beautiful pacific ocean view



Dad on the Beach



Munson Creek Waterfalls - highest waterfall in the coast range





Ice cream and cheese tasting at the Tillamook Factory



Mom and a wooly goat at petting farm in Tillamook



Shipwreck on the beach at Fort Stevens State Park



Bird Watching



Camping in a Yurt



Fort Clatsop National Park - where Lewis and Clark spent a winter



Kung Fu Fighting



Biking in Cannon Beach and Astoria



View from our picnic table overlooking Cannon Beach and Haystack rock

5 comments:

Doug and Lisa said...

Looks like you had a blast! Those pictures are beautiful. Makes me want to come visit ;).

staci baker said...

Wow, beautiful! I'm so glad your parents got to come! All these pictures make are making me dying to see that part of the country. Drostan is applying for a residency program in Spokane among others. It's my top choice. I know it's on the east side of WA, but it'd be close enough to visit you!

Vanessa said...

It looks like you and your parents had a great time! I love coastal Oregon and Washington. Nice pictures. :-)

Ryan and Staci said...

Hey Jessica! I found your blog through Julia's....you look great and very happy! :) We just moved as well and are looking forward to our first visitors too.
-Staci Wallace

Anna said...

You always have fun stuff to do. I am jealous! Everything looks so pretty. And good job on passing your test. Yeah!