Monday, September 15, 2008

San Juans biking adventure

Last week Evan and I took a 2 day vacation to the San Juan Islands. We've been wanting to go for a long time, and we were not disappointed. It was majestically beautiful, we saw an alpaca farm, we ate some great food, and slept under the stars. All this plus we got a great workout. We left our car in Anacortes and just strapped everything we would need for the next 24 hours on our bikes (actually just on Evan's bike- what a man. Note his tough man picture below.) We biked 26 miles on very hilly terrain. Though my quads burned and Evan's gear shifts broke leaving him with only 2 gears, it was a fabulous ride. Unfortunately, we left our camera at home. Evan took a couple of pics with his phone and later discovered a gadget that we could use to transfer them from his phone to our computer. I love technology. These pictures do not even come close to capturing the beauty of the San Juan Islands, but at least they're something.



This picture I found on the net...isn't it so pretty?


Looking down at our bikes tied to the ferry


Alpaca farm


View from Orcas island


Near where we camped


Our biking hero

4 comments:

Derek said...

That last picture of Evan makes me wish I was a man. Sometimes being a little wimpy girl gets boring. Maybe I should do some push-ups every once in a while.

Sasha Fisher said...

Very fun indeed. Love the pictures.

staci baker said...

Looks beautiful! I'm so glad you're getting to do all these fun adventures together!

Sokphal said...

You guys are so adventurous! I love it!