Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life in SLC



We have officially made it to SALT LAKE CITY. Though we miss beautiful, green, temperate Washington its so nice to be home. We have finished unpacking and are enjoying our new apartment. The spring blossoms and baby geese at the nearby pond make life especially pleasant here. Note pics below...






Besides settling in, over the past 2 weeks we've had some chances to experience some of our favorite things about Salt Lake that we have been missing...


Big events! The Salt Lake Marathon went right past our apartment. This was some multicultural entertainment we saw as we were following the route.


Sleeping in the sunshine with a great view of the mountains!


The Beautiful Temple!


Snowshoeing at Alta!...I love how the mountains are now only minutes away from where we live...



And of course, we LOVE being close to friends and family. It's so nice to be home :)

6 comments:

Brianne said...

Jess! That's so fun that you moved back here! You are going to have your baby any day! How exciting! I'm so excited for you!! Get an EPIDURAL! It's the best! You can actually enjoy your labor instead of being in pain! But then again you are a strong woman and will probably do it all natural right?!?! Where do you guys live now!? Let me know how you are doing! Its so fun to hear how you are doing!

Nicole said...

looks like fun!! Nice pic's! We miss ya!

Paula said...

I love the pictures!!! You look so great!! Snowshoeing?! Girl you are CRAZY!!!

Kasi said...

Welcome back to Utah, Jess! And look at your cute belly! 3 days! So exciting! You're almost a mommy!!

staci baker said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you're back in Utah safe and sound! I just checked your blog because I want to hear baby news. I'm sure she's here by now. I can't wait to hear an update when you're up to it! I want to visit you in the next couple weeks while we're in town! Oh, and Jess--you do NOT look 9 months pregnant in those pictures. You teeny thing!

Maria said...

Welcome Welcome, we're excited to have you guys here!